Student Types

New Students

Your first step for enrolling at Red Rocks Community College is to complete the online application for admission. Please see the Getting Started steps and the Admissions Policy for additional information.

New students should take advantage of the support services and programs offered through the First Year Experience program. Learn more about the program at

Re-Admit Students

Former students returning to RRCC after an absence of three or more consecutive semesters must complete the online application. Please see the Getting Started steps  and the Admissions Policy  for additional information.

Transfer Students

Students who have previously attended any college must complete the RRCC application for admission and meet assessment requirements. Transfer students should meet with academic advisors to register for the first semester and are encouraged to keep in contact with academic advisors. To initiate the transfer process, RRCC's Transcript Evaluator will transfer in appropriate courses after students have completed the following:

1. Request that all colleges previously attended send official transcripts to:

RRCC Student Records

Red Rocks Community College

13300 West 6th Avenue, Box 8

Lakewood, Colorado 80228

2. Declare a program of study

3. Submit Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form


Guest Students

A student from another college and plans to attend RRCC for one semester only.

Information: or


High School Students

Participating in the Concurrent Enrollment Program

Concurrent Enrollment is a program that allows RRCC to partner with school districts to offer college classes to high school students. High school students enrolling under the Concurrent Enrollment program need to complete the following steps:

  1. Meet with your high school counselor.
  2. Complete the RRCC, College Opportunity Fund, and Concurrent Enrollment applications.
  3. Complete the RRCC placement test or provide ACT or SAT scores that meet prerequisites.

Registration dates and times will be scheduled for students who have completed the Concurrent Enrollment Agreement and are approved by the school district to register for RRCC classes. Check with your school district for information related to tuition and fees.

Concurrent Enrollment students who take classes on the RRCC campus must sign the Student Payment Agreement. Tuition may be paid by the school district, but the student may be responsible for fees. If the student is under 18, a parent or guardian must also sign the payment agreement.

Not Participating in the Concurrent Enrollment Program

Students need to complete the following steps:

  1. Complete a new student application for admission and sign up for the College Opportunity Fund (COF).
  2. Complete the RRCC placement test or provide ACT or SAT scores that meet prerequisites.
  3. Meet with a representative from High School Relations/Concurrent Enrollment to register for classes.
  4. Pay for tuition, student fees, books, and supplies.

Students who take classes not covered by Concurrent Enrollment with their school district must sign the Student Payment Agreement. If the student is under 18, a parent or guardian must also sign the payment agreement.

Students under the age of 17 are required to submit a Request for Waiver of Admissions Requirements for Underage Students. Call admissions at 303-914-6600 to begin the process.

For additional information, call the High School Relations/Concurrent Enrollment office at 303-914-6350.

International Students

International students are those students admitted into the U.S. on an F1 non-immigrant student visa. If you are an international student, submit the following documents:

1. RRCC "International Student Admissions Application," available in the International Student Services Office, or the application may be downloaded from our website at International students must not use the electronic application on the college main web page.

2. A statement of financial resources sufficient for tuition and living expenses while in the U.S. (currently $32,000/year based on tuition of $8,000/full time per semester). Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice. After the admissions materials have been reviewed, we will issue the U.S. Immigration Form I-20 to qualified applicants. Applicants outside the U.S. must then present the I-20 and original copies of financial support documents to the nearest U.S. consulate or embassy to obtain the F-1 visa.

Upon arrival in the U.S., you will be enrolled in the mandatory health insurance through the RRCC international student health insurance provider.

Application Deadlines

International students should apply as early as possible in order to allow sufficient time for the college to assess all necessary documents and for the U.S. State Department’s visa interview process. The following deadlines are application submission guidelines for new international students only. Transfer students already in the U.S. generally have one additional month to prepare their documents.

Fall Semester: June 1

Spring Semester: November 1

Summer Semester: March 1

New applications are not accepted after classes begin.


Prior to registering for classes, you must take a placement test and/or an English language assessment. The English language assessment can be arranged to be taken remotely outside the United State or in person at the college upon arrival. Depending upon your test results, you will then be placed in the English as a Second Language program or college-level classes as appropriate.

Guaranteed Transfer to Universities

Many RRCC courses will transfer. Please consult with an RRCC academic advisor as well as a transfer counselor at the institution you wish to attend. Credit earned for prior learning, advanced placement, correspondence courses, CLEP, and other credit from "testing out" of a course may not apply. The institution to which you transfer will evaluate these credits according to its own policies. See Transferring from RRCC to Four-Year Colleges and Universities.

Intensive English Program

If you wish to study only English as a Second Language or continue with college-level courses after ESL studies, you may enter our Intensive English Program. The program offers full-time English instruction (20 hours per week + tutoring) at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced skill levels.

Non-Intensive English Program

If you have tested beyond the Intensive English Program, you are eligible to enroll in non-intensive English classes. The program offers four semester-length classes designed to boost your English skills for the reading, writing, and communication demands of college classes. Classes include advanced reading, composition and listening/speaking, conversation, and iBT TOEFL preparation.

Information: 303-914-6416 or

Warren Tech Students

Through a cooperative agreement with Warren Tech (the career and technical high school for Jefferson County Public Schools), RRCC students pursuing certain career and technical college degrees and/or certificates may take courses (on a space-available basis) at Warren Tech (WT), which is adjacent to the RRCC campus. You must have graduated from high school, received a GED, or attained the age of 21. You pay RRCC tuition and WT program fees at the RRCC Cashier’s Office and your coursework is recorded on your RRCC transcript.

Classes follow the WT/Jeffco Public Schools' calendar. Deadlines and class start, and end dates differ from those of RRCC. WT classes are conducted on a block schedule. The morning classes run Monday–Friday from 7:30–10:30 a.m. and the afternoon classes run Monday–Thursday from 12:00–3:45 p.m.

Warren Tech Admission Steps:

  1. Apply for admission to RRCC at:
  2. Take the placement test at RRCC and pick up a WT application at the RRCC Admissions office. For assessment hours and information, go to Students may submit SAT scores or college transcripts in place of test scores (see exemptions to admissions requirements in the Admissions Policy section).
  3. Attach the placement test results to the completed WT application and submit to the WT Counseling Office for placement on the waitlist.
  4. Wait to be notified of acceptance from WT.
  5. Upon acceptance to WT, make an appointment with the WT liaison in the RRCC Admissions office at 303-914-6543 to register for courses.
  6. Pay RRCC tuition and fees and the additional WT program fee at the RRCC Cashier office. Call 303-982-8600 for current WT program fee information.
  7. For financial aid information, visit Financial Aid or

Warren Tech Information Guides and applications are available at WT or RRCC. For more information:

  • Visit the counseling website at or
  • Contact the RRCC-WT Liaison at 303-982-7677 or
  • Contact the RRCC Admissions Office at 303-914-6543.

Admissions and registration requirements can be obtained from either office.

The following WT programs are available to RRCC students on a space-available basis:

Auto Collision Repair

Auto Customization

Automotive Technology


Esthetician (esthetics-skin care)


Nail Technician

Dental Assisting

Power Equipment and Sport Vehicle Technology

Precision Machining Technology


Western Undergraduate Exchange Students (WUE)

WUE is a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Students who are residents of WICHE states or the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI) may enroll at participating two- and four-year college programs outside of their home state or territory at a reduced tuition rate. WICHE states include Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Commonwealth of Northern Marianas Islands, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. If you are a resident of a WICHE state or CNMI, you can study at RRCC or any one of the 135+ participating schools in the west and pay reduced tuition. Please see restrictions below:

  • WUE/WICHE students are not eligible to participate in the College Opportunity Fund (COF) program.
  • A student participating in the WUE/WICHE program may not use the time in Colorado to fulfill the physical presence requirement for in-state tuition. Bachelor or Applied Science (BAS) degrees are not eligible for the WUE tuition rate.
  • The Physician Assistant (PA) program is not available for this program, but PA students may qualify for the Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP), which enables students to enroll in selected out-of-state professional programs because those fields of study are not available at public institutions in their home states. Please note that residents of California, Oregon, and South Dakota are not eligible to enroll through PSEP. Information is available at

Information: 303-914-6348 or